I am planning a series of new experiments on perception of indistinct forensic audio. It would be great to have a list of potential participants. If you are willing to help, please contact me.
Don’t worry you will not be committing to anything, and you can opt out at any time.
Below are answers to a few questions you might have – if you have another question, feel free to contact me and I will respond directly.
- Experiments typically take around 10-20 minutes and involve listening to short segments of indistinct audio under various conditions, and answering questions about what you hear.
- Participants generally rate experiments as interesting or very interesting.
- You can remain completely anonymous if you wish.
- You can always easily opt out of any experiment at any stage.
- Most experiments ask you not to discuss your responses with anyone who has not already done the experiment.
- To participate, you just need a standard computer or modern device, a quiet space, and headphones if you have them.